'Rejected' Lover Makes Hoax Call about Bombs on 2 Hyderabad-Chennai Flights, Arrested
Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Airport police has filed a case against the accused under the Suppression of Unlawful Act Against Safety of Civil Aviation Act.
File photo of Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Police on Saturday arrested a man, allegedly a jilted lover, for making a hoax call about bomb threats to two Hyderabad-Chennai flights.
The accused, identified as KV Vishwanathan, called the airport authorities about bomb threats to Truejet and Indigo 6E-188 flights at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here. The police said the call proved to be a hoax after Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel and bomb disposal squads searched the planes.
According to the police, Vishwanathan, who was in a drunken state while he made the call, was in depression due to love issues and had come to the airport to board Truejet flight 2T201.
The 24-year-old, a native of Chennai, has been working as a sales executive at a private company in Hyderabad.
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport police filed a case against him under the Suppression of Unlawful Act Against Safety of Civil Aviation Act.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Karan Patel Becomes Highest Paid Contestant on Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
- Sara Ali Khan Reacts to Love Aaj Kal Box Opening, Karan Johar Rubbishes Student of The Year 3 Rumours
- 'Hindu, not Hindutva': Why AAP Will be Conducting Monthly ‘Sundar Kand’ Readings for Hanuman in Delhi
- 'Mera Baba Desh Chalata Hai': Ratan Tata's Powerful Video on Sanitation Workers Hits You Hard
- IndiGo Offering Discounted Tickets at Just Rs 3,499 for International Flights