Release Pleas of Killers of Jessica Lal and Priyadarshini Mattoo Turned Down: Report
Sources said that the requests were rejected by the Delhi Sentence Review Board on Thursday.
File Photo of Tihar Jail (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: The release pleas of model Jessica Lal and student Priyadarshini Mattoo's killers were rejected by the Delhi Sentence Review Board on Thursday, sources said.
They said that convict in Jessica's murder case Manu Sharma and Mattoo's killer Santosh Singh were among 204 convicts who had approached the board, headed by state Home Minister Satyendar Jain.
The board approved release requests of 59 convicts and rejected 145 such pleas, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Kartik Aaryan Shares First Promotional Still From Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2, See Pic
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes