‘Remembering Dadi’: Rahul Gandhi Pays Touching Tribute on Indira Gandhi's Death Anniversary
Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh paid floral tributes at Indira Gandhi’s memorial at Shakti Sthal.
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi prays at Indira Gandhi’s memorial at Shakti Sthal in New Delhi on Wednesday.
New Delhi: Congress chief Rahul Gandhi paid tributes to his grandmother and the late PM Indira Gandhi on her death anniversary. He was accompanied by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and ex-Manmohan Singh.
They paid floral tributes at the slain leader's memorial at Shakti Sthal.
"Remembering Dadi (grandma) today with a deep sense of happiness. She taught me so much and gave me unending love. She gave so much of herself to her people. I am very proud of her," Rahul Gandhi tweeted.
Remembering Dadi today with a deep sense of happiness. She taught me so much and gave me unending love. She gave so much of herself to her people. I am very proud of her.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) October 31, 2018
"Today we honour... the first female Prime Minister of India and one of the strongest leaders our country has seen," the Congress party said.
"Through her premiership, our nation saw great victory, incredible development and most importantly upliftment of all sections of society," the party tweeted.
On October 31, 1984, two of Indira Gandhi's bodyguards — Satwant Singh and Beant Singh — gunned her down at her 1, Safdarjung Road residence here.
Recommended For You
- Marvel Gives Avengers Endgame's 'Fat Thor' an Official Name
- YouTube Finally Gives You More Control Over What Videos You See When You Sign in And in Suggestions
- This is How England Just United Pakistan and India Cricket Fans in World Cup
- KGF Star Yash and Wife Radhika Pandit Announce Their Second Pregnancy With an Adorable Video
- Pakistan's Eerie Symmetry with 1992 World Cup After New Zealand Win Has Stunned Shashi Tharoor
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s