‘Reminder of Nirbhaya Case’: Haryana Court Gives Death Penalty to Teen for Raping, Killing 8-year-old
The court found that the convict had first showed porn to the eight-year-old, gagged her mouth, tied her hands and legs and then forced himself on her.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 19-year-old boy has been awarded capital punishment by a Rewari court in Haryana for raping and murdering an eight-year-old girl in June this year.
The additional sessions judge Naresh Kumar termed the incident “rarest of rare” and said it was no less brutal than the 2012 Nirbhaya case and therefore deserved a similar punishment.
“The court has to consider it as one of the rarest of rare case and lesser punishment than death penalty cannot be given. Further, the pain and suffering of that particular innocent child is very material. This case cannot be considered as lesser to Nirbhaya because the victim who was innocent, having a bright future, was murdered for the purpose of sexual act and in the day light within the vicinity of the village,” judge Kumar was quoted as saying by Hindustan Times.
The incident had taken place on June 9 when the convict, who stayed in the girl’s neighbourhood, lured her into his room and committed the crime. The court found that the convict had first showed porn to the eight-year-old, gagged her mouth, tied her hands and legs and then forced himself on her.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened