‘Reminder of Nirbhaya Case’: Haryana Court Gives Death Penalty to Teen for Raping, Killing 8-year-old
The court found that the convict had first showed porn to the eight-year-old, gagged her mouth, tied her hands and legs and then forced himself on her.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A 19-year-old boy has been awarded capital punishment by a Rewari court in Haryana for raping and murdering an eight-year-old girl in June this year.
The additional sessions judge Naresh Kumar termed the incident “rarest of rare” and said it was no less brutal than the 2012 Nirbhaya case and therefore deserved a similar punishment.
“The court has to consider it as one of the rarest of rare case and lesser punishment than death penalty cannot be given. Further, the pain and suffering of that particular innocent child is very material. This case cannot be considered as lesser to Nirbhaya because the victim who was innocent, having a bright future, was murdered for the purpose of sexual act and in the day light within the vicinity of the village,” judge Kumar was quoted as saying by Hindustan Times.
The incident had taken place on June 9 when the convict, who stayed in the girl’s neighbourhood, lured her into his room and committed the crime. The court found that the convict had first showed porn to the eight-year-old, gagged her mouth, tied her hands and legs and then forced himself on her.
Recommended For You
- This New Algorithm to Map the Universe May Solve Its Mysteries
- Please Don't Bully Me, Says Lexi Rabe Who Played Tony Stark's Daughter in Avengers Endgame
- Here's Why Indian Fans are Rooting for Pakistan to Beat New Zealand in World Cup Match
- Now Pay a Fine of Rs 10,000 for not Letting Ambulance Pass, Drink & Drive as Per Updated Motor Bill
- You Can Now Get Your ‘Made to Order’ Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop; Over 1,00,000 Configuration Options in Tow
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s