Research Assistant Falls to His Death While Rock Climbing in JNU
The deceased was identified as Praveen Tiwari, a resident of JNU's Brahmaputra Hostel in the varsity campus and a research assistant at the Indian Council of Social Science Research.
New Delhi: A 30-year-old research assistant at the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) died after he fell while rock climbing at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) campus, police said. The incident took place on Sunday.
According to the police, the deceased was identified as Praveen Tiwari, a resident of JNU's Brahmaputra Hostel in the varsity campus, the police said. A resident of Jabalpur, he had recently joined ICSSR. Tiwari did not have any ropes tied to him during rock climbing, they said.
"He slipped and fell and was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead. There was no foul play as his friend was recording a video, which has captured the incident," a senior police officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anna Faris Opens up About Having Stayed with Cheating Ex-Partner
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- ‘Why Traffic Jams?’: Twitter Comes to a Halt after BJP MP Denies Automobile Slowdown
- Non-Veg Onions? Union Minister's Bizarre Excuse for Not Knowing Price of the Vegetable
- Instagram Will Verify How Old The New Users Are, But Age is Just a Number