Research Assistant Falls to His Death While Rock Climbing in JNU
The deceased was identified as Praveen Tiwari, a resident of JNU's Brahmaputra Hostel in the varsity campus and a research assistant at the Indian Council of Social Science Research.
New Delhi: A 30-year-old research assistant at the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) died after he fell while rock climbing at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) campus, police said. The incident took place on Sunday.
According to the police, the deceased was identified as Praveen Tiwari, a resident of JNU's Brahmaputra Hostel in the varsity campus, the police said. A resident of Jabalpur, he had recently joined ICSSR. Tiwari did not have any ropes tied to him during rock climbing, they said.
"He slipped and fell and was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead. There was no foul play as his friend was recording a video, which has captured the incident," a senior police officer said.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment
- Chris 'Thor' Hemsworth Opens Up About Deteriorating Mental Health During Rough Career Patch
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and K20 India Launch: Price, Availability, Features, and More
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Charges Rs 3 Crore Per Episode for Dance India Dance?
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies