Residents of MP's Rau Town Punish Rash Drivers, Make Them Climb Bus Roofs and Do Sit-ups
Rau Municipality president Shivnarayan Dingu said that the bus drivers sped narrow congested roads as reaching a stop earlier gives them the chance to pick up more passengers, adding that many have died in accidents.
Indore: Irate residents of Rau town in Madhya Pradesh's Indore district fed up with speeding buses in the densely congested locality forced several drivers to do sit-ups as punishment.
Eye-witnesses said five drivers were forced to climb the roof of their buses and made to do sit-ups on Monday afternoon, and a video of the punishment soon went viral on social media.
"Drivers of bus services operating from Indore to Mhow, Manpur and Pithampur don't care for the lives of pedestrians. They drive at great speed on the narrow congested roads as reaching a stop earlier gives them the chance to pick up more passengers," Rau Municipality president Shivnarayan Dingu told PTI on Tuesday.
"Many people have died in accidents caused by these buses. This kind of punishment will make drivers careful in the future," he added.
Rau police station in charge Dinesh Verma told PTI drivers have been warned against speeding and rash driving, and action will be taken if no improvement was observed in their on-road behaviour.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Cardi B Looks Like Nemesis Nicki Minaj After Surgery, Feel Trolls
- Rishi Kapoor Shares 'Priceless' Childhood Picture of Lata Mangeshkar Holding Him in Her Arms
- Priest from Hyderabad's 'Visa Temple' is Demanding Citizenship for the Deity Under CAA
- Too Low, Mountain Ahead: Flying Into Fog, Kobe Bryant’s Pilot Had a Decision to Make
- AI That Studied Photos Say Women May Look Up to 3 Years Younger With Nose Surgery