Govt Accepts Resignation of Madras HC Chief Justice V K Tahilramani Amid Transfer Row
She had resigned after the Supreme Court collegium declined her request for reconsideration of transfer to Meghalaya.
File photo of Madras High Court.
New Delhi: The resignation of Madras High Court Chief Justice V K Tahilramani has been accepted, according to a government notification. Her resignation has been accepted with effect from September 6, it said.
She had resigned after the Supreme Court collegium declined her request for reconsideration of transfer to Meghalaya. Justice V Kothari has been appointed as the acting chief justice of the Madras High Court, another notification said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan-Tiger Shroff's War Stands Tall Over Joker, The Sky Is Pink at Box Office
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day
- Carlsberg Wants to Bring The World’s First Beer Bottles Made From Paper to The Market
- OnePlus 7T Pro, 7T Pro McLaren Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs, Launch Date and More