Retired IPS Officer Found Lying Dead in Pool of Blood in West Bengal, Note Recovered
IPS officer Gaurab Chandra Dutta was found lying in a pool of blood and a note was recovered near his body.
Kolkata: Retired IPS officer Gaurab Chandra Dutta was found dead in mysterious circumstances at his flat in Salt Lake area Tuesday evening, police said.
According to police, Dutta was found lying in a pool of blood and a note was recovered near his body.
Dutta, who had solved several important cases during his tenure, had retired last year.
He used to live alone in his house, police said.
"We have started an investigation into the case," an official of the Bidhannagar police commissionerate said
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes