Revived Network Connectivity in Large Parts of Cyclone-hit Odisha: Vodafone Idea
The operator said over 1,500 sites have been revived since the day the cyclone hit the coast.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: Telecom operator Vodafone Idea Thursday said it has managed to restore network connectivity in large parts of Odisha, including key location of Puri, which were hit by Cyclone Fani.
The operator said over 1,500 sites have been revived since the day the cyclone hit the coast, enabling not only Vodafone Idea customers but also 4.5 lakh mobile users of other operators to use its network on roaming arrangements.
"VIL (Vodafone Idea Ltd) became the first operator to restore services in key locations of Puri, within a short span of time, and its 3G and 4G services are now available across the majority of the network in the impacted areas," the company said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Sunil Grover Finally Breaks Silence on The Kapil Sharma Show Comeback Rumours
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return