RFL Case: ED Arrests Ex-Fortis Healthcare Promoter Malvinder Singh in Money-Laundering Case
Singh will be produced before a metropolitan magistrate in the prison, when the ED is likely to seek their custodial interrogation.
File photo of Malvinder Singh. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: The ED on Thursday arrested former Fortis Healthcare promoter Malvinder Singh and former CMD of Religare Enterprises Ltd Sunil Godhwani in a money-laundering case related to alleged misappropriation of funds of Religare Finvest Ltd (RFL).
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) took both the accused in its custody inside the Tihar central jail here, where they are currently lodged in a case filed by the Delhi Police in relation to the alleged scam, a lawyer associated with the case said.
Both Singh and Godhwani will be produced before a metropolitan magistrate in the prison, when the ED is likely to seek their custodial interrogation.
Singh and Godhwani are accused of laundering money, punishable under sections 3 and 4 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, the central agency said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Former Girlfriend Says Arhaan Khan Didn’t Return Her Money and Lied About His Marriage
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 75 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Hindustani Bhau on Weekend Ka Vaar
- Samsung Clarifies They Have Not Sold 1 Million Galaxy Fold Smartphones, Yet
- PhonePe Clocks 5 Billion Transactions And Registers 5X Growth in The Past Year
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges