Road Rage in Times of Coronavirus: Kolhapur Biker Thrashed for Sneezing in Public
A CCTV video of the fracas went viral on social media on Thursday although the local police said no complaint had been registered.
Image for representational purpose only (Reuters)
Kolhapur: In an incident which shows how the fear of coronavirus has become all-pervasive, a man riding a motorbike was thrashed in Kolhapur city of Maharashtra on Thursday just because he sneezed in public.
A CCTV video of the fracas, which took place in Gujari area of the city, went viral on social media, though the local police said no complaint had been registered.
The video showed that a bike-rider stopping and asking another rider on the road why he sneezed without covering his face with a handkerchief as it could cause the spread of the coronavirus. It led to a heated exchange, and the man who had allegedly sneezed was beaten up.
The incident led to a traffic jam as many other vehicles stopped, although it was not reported to the police.
Maharashtra has reported at least 49 confirmed coronavirus patients so far, including one who died.
According to the World Health Organization, the virus can spread through spitting, sneezing or coughing or physical contact with an infected person.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Lionel Messi Announces FC Barcelona Players Taking 70 Per Cent Cut on Salaries Amid Coronavirus
- Dabboo Ratnani Shares Throwback Pic with Kiara Advani, Netizens Can’t Keep Calm
- PM CARES Relief Fund: Here is How You Can Contribute to Combat The COVID Pandemic
- OnePlus 8: Fresh Renders Reveal New ‘Interstellar Glow’ Colour Variant
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How