Rs 1 Crore in Junked Notes Seized in Thane; 3 Arrested
Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Representative Image (PTI Photo)
Thane: Police have seized nearly Rs 1 crore in demonetised currency notes from three persons, who were later arrested.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Parsik circle in Mumbra township of Thane district at around midnight on Tuesday.
The three persons was planning to get the notes exchanged for new bills. They were later arrested and a case was registered against them under relevant sections, Thane police PRO Sukhada Narkar said.
Police are trying to find out from where did the accused get the junked notes, Narkar said. PTI COR ARS GK
Recommended For You
- Watch | Behind the Scenes With the Superstars of Mumbai Indians
- Gionee S11 Lite vs Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: The Best Budget Phone Battle
- Avengers: Infinity War-Think You Are Ready to Join The Marvel Superheroes? Take Our Quiz to Find Out
- Dilbaro: Raazi's New Song Brings Forth the Unsaid Emotions Between A Father and a Daughter
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S First Look: Signature Redefined