RTI Activist Abhimanyu Panda Shot Dead Near His House in Odisha's Kandhamal
RTI activist Abhimanyu Panda was standing in front of his house in Patrasahi locality when he was attacked by motorcycle-borne youths, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Balliguda, MR Barik said.
Phulbani: Noted RTI activist Abhimanyu Panda was shot dead by unidentified assailants near his house at Balliguda town in Odisha's Kandhamal district on Tuesday, police said.
Panda was standing in front of his house in Patrasahi locality when he was attacked by motorcycle-borne youths, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Balliguda, MR Barik said.
The two motorcycle-borne men reached Panda's house and opened fire from a revolver killing him on the spot, the police said.
Panda was a former sarpanch of Bataguda Gram Panchayat and ex-vice chairman of Balliguda block.
The body has been sent for post-mortem, they said. The motive behind the killing is yet to be ascertained and efforts are on to nab the assailants, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank
- WATCH | Zion Williamson Scores 17 Points in a Bit Over 3 Minutes on Much-awaited NBA Debut
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Now Rolling Out: Here is How to Make it Work For You
- Microsoft Accidentally Exposed Data of 250 Million Users; Why Aren't We Shocked Anymore?
- 'What's Your Take on CAA?' Fans Wanted Shah Rukh Khan to Break His Silence on #AskSRK