Rupee Falls 16 Paise Against Dollar
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rallied 147.57 points, or 0.53 per cent, at 27,855.71 in early trade.
Representative image (PTI Photo)
Mumbai: Rupee weakened by 16 paise to 68.23 against the dollar in early trade today, halting its two-day rising streak following month-end demand from importers and banks for the American currency which strengthened overseas.
Forex dealers said, increased demand for the dollar kept pressure on the rupee but a higher a opening in the domestic
equity market capped the fall.
The rupee had gained 8 paise to close at 68.07 on Wednesday on selling of dollars by banks and exporters amid
lower greenback overseas.
The forex market remained closed yesterday for the Republic Day.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex rallied 147.57 points, or 0.53 per cent, at 27,855.71 in early trade.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Adchithooku: Dale Steyn Asks Twitter What's Up, Gets Bowled Over by Tamil Film Song Promos
- Australian Midwife Earns Over 7 Lakh a Year Selling Placenta Smoothies and Keepsakes
- Priyanka, Nick Return to Mumbai Hand in Hand After a Brief Romantic Getaway, See Pics
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Parul Chauhan is Now Married! Check Out the First Photos of the Newlyweds
- Google India Year in Search: Actress Priya Varrier Most Searched Personality in 2018
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s