Ryan Murder Accused to be Tried as Adult, Says Juvenile Justice Board
A Juvenile Justice Board gave the ruling on a plea filed before it seeking that the accused, under the new JJ Act, was mature enough to know the consequences of his actions and hence should not be treated as a juvenile delinquent.
Pradyuman Thakur (L) with his father Varun Thakur. (Facebook)
New Delhi: The 16-year-old student accused of killing Pradyuman Thakur, a Class 2 student of Ryan Internation School Gurugram, will be tried as an adult.
A Juvenile Justice Board gave the ruling on a plea filed before it seeking that the accused, under the new JJ Act, was mature enough to know the consequences of his actions and hence should not be treated as a juvenile delinquent. The report, which CNN-News18 has exclusive access to, claims that the accused is hyper-aggressive and knew what he was doing.
Seven-year-old Pradyuman was found near the toilet of Ryan International School with his throat slit on September 8. The Gurgaon Police had arrested a bus conductor of the school pinning the blame of murder on him.
The CBI later announced that it had apprehended the senior student in connection with the murder of Pradhuman rejecting the Gurgaon Police theory that the killing was the handiwork of school bus conductor Ashok Kumar.
According to the agency, the Class 11 student, believed to be weak in studies, allegedly slit Pradhuman's throat to get the school to declare a holiday in order to defer a scheduled parent-teacher meeting (PTM) and an examination.
The father of teenager had alleged that the CBI was torturing his son which was strongly refuted by the agency.
Recommended For You
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- 18 Years of Lagaan: Aamir Khan Shares Emotional Post and Thanks Ashutosh Gowarikar
- Ranveer Singh Wishes 'Papa' on Father's Day 2019 with a Throwback Picture and Millennial Hashtags
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- #BlueForSudan: Why Are People Changing Their Profile Pictures to this Shade of Indigo?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s