Sahara Chief Subrata Roy's Mother Dies
Beleaguered businessman Subrata Roy's mother Chhabi Roy passed away in Lucknow early on Friday after a prolonged illness.
File photo of Sahara Group chairman Subrata Roy. (Reuters)
Lucknow: Beleaguered businessman Subrata Roy's mother Chhabi Roy passed away in Lucknow early on Friday after a prolonged illness.
She was 95 and had been critically ill for over two years.
Subrata Roy has been in Tihar Jail for more than two years in relation with a long running dispute with markets regulator Sebi.
A Sahara group spokesperson said in a statement that Chhabi Roy has been the "guiding light of Sahara India Pariwar and departed for her heavenly abode at 1.34 am today".
"She has been critically ailing for last two years and was at a makeshift hospital at Sahara Shaher, Lucknow," the statement said.
She was born in Araria district of Bihar.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Parents Took Their Wi-Fi Modem on Holiday with Them Because Their Kids Wouldn't Go
- David Dhawan on Rumours of Varun-Natasha's Goa Wedding, 'Every Week I'm Told When He's Getting Married'
- Brad Pitt's Joke On Quentin Tarantino's Foot Fetish and Tinder Profile is Basically All of Us
- Understanding the 3 Types of Airplane Engines - Turbojet, Turboprop and Tubofan
- WhatsApp Clocks 5 Billion Downloads on Android; TikTok is The Second Most Downloaded App