Samajwadi Party Leader Falls Ill in Meeting Chaired by Akhilesh Yadav, Dies
Uma Shankar Chaudhary had come from Unnao to participate in the meeting to discuss organisational matters.
File image of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav. (Getty Images)
Lucknow: Senior Samajwadi Party leader Uma Shankar Chaudhary on Saturday died after falling ill during a meeting of the party chaired by SP chief Akhilesh Yadav. He was 60.
Chaudhary had come from Unnao to participate in the meeting to discuss organisational matters.
A diabetic, he suddenly felt uneasy and died while being taken to hospital, party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said.
After condoling his death at the meeting, Akhilesh went to the hospital to offer floral tributes.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- Madhuri Dixit's Brush with Rappers Wiz Khalifa, Raja Kumari at Mumbai Concert
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj