Samir Kochhar Lends Support to LGBT Documentary
The documentary will be about how people from the LGBT community deal with their issues after the Supreme Court decision to de-criminalize homosexuality.
File photo of Sandeep Kochhar. (Image courtesy Facebook)
Mumbai: Actor Samir Kochhar will be funding a documentary which revolves around the life of people from the LGBT community.
Some students from a university in Ranchi approached Samir with the idea of funding the documentary. It will be about how people from the community deal with their issues after the Supreme Court decision to de-criminalize homosexuality.
"I think in today's time people have become more receptive and open about such topics. I believe what matters is a story and this is something which needs to be told. I feel proud to be part of this change and help them get the recognition they deserve," Samir said in a statement.
"I can't talk in detail about it right now. But all I can say is that this is basically an effort to bring a small change in the life of people after the decision on Section 377 (of the Indian Penal Code) by highlighting their stories and struggles through that phase so they get their place in the society," he added.
Samir feels that "change has already taken place".
"The fact that people are now openly accepting their relationships and rights is a sign that it is only moving forward. And now they can claim their rights and don't have to be shy about anything. Also, such documentaries can add up to this in a big way," he added.
Follow @news18movies for more
Recommended For You
- Youngsters Have Plenty to Prove on ‘Challenging’ Sri Lanka Tour: Tamim
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth
- Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas Give the Biggest Shout-out to Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Her Birthday
- WWE Star Triple H Has a Special Gift for the Cricket World Cup Winning Team England
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel