Sanjay Kothari Appointed Secretary to President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
Sanjay Kothari is a 1978-batch IAS officer of Haryana cadre.
File photo of IAS officer Sanjay Kothari.
New Delhi: Sanjay Kothari, Chairman of Public Enterprises Selection Board, has been appointed as Secretary to President-elect Ram Nath Kovind.
Senior journalist Ashok Malik has been named as Press Secretary to Kovind, said an order issued on Saturday by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Senior Gujarat-cadre forest service officer Bharat Lal will be Joint Secretary to Kovind, it said. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has cleared these appointments for an initial period of two years, it said.
Kothari, a 1978-batch IAS officer of Haryana cadre, retired in June last year as DoPT secretary. He was in November 2016 appointed as the chief of the government's head-hunter the PESB.
Malik is at present Distinguished Fellow, Observer Research Foundation--a policy think tank.
Lal, a 1988-batch officer of Indian Forest Service, is at present Resident Commissioner of Gujarat government in Delhi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough