Sasikala Pushpa approaches EC against Dinakaran
“The EC has assured to take action against T T V Dinakaran and his supporters who were involved in the malpractice,” Sasikala Pushpa said.
File Photo of L. Sasikala Pushpa. Photo Credits: Getty Images
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Sasikala Pushpa on Tuesday met Chief Election Commissioner and demanded for the disqualification of AIADMK (Amma) faction candidate T T V Dinakaran in the RK Nagar bypoll in Tamil Nadu over his alleged involvement in distributing money to voters.
“The EC has assured to take action against T T V Dinakaran and his supporters who were involved in the malpractice,” she said.
Pushpa, who was expelled from AIADMK, also explained the poll panel about the circumstances which led to Sasikala Natarajan’s elevation as AIADMK’s interim general secretary and her nephew to the second top position after the death of then chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
“Though T T V Dinakaran, who was ostracised by Amma, was never a primary member, he was given the post of party deputy general secretary after Sasikala Natarajan became interim general secretary,” she said.
The RK Nagar by-election was cancelled after the Election Commission took notice of the money being distributed in the constituency.
Early this month, around Rs 15 lakh was seized and 28 persons were arrested for their alleged role in various incidents of money distribution to voters and violence in the run-up to the April 12 bypoll.
Reiterating her stand, Pushpa said she was still a primary member of AIADMK.
Recommended For You
- Covering Imran Khan's Picture in India Regrettable: PCB
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Her Most Revealing Gown From Designer Thierry Mugler's 98' Collection
- All is not Well Between Alia Bhatt and Beau Ranbir Kapoor? The Actress Answers
- Amazon Apple Fest: Discounts on iPhone X, XR, MacBook Air, iPad Pro And More
- Australian Couple Grows Human-Sized Cabbage After 9 Months of Hard Work, Eats Coleslaw for Two Weeks
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s