Saudi Arabia-returned Woman Tests Positive For COVID-19 in Uttar Pradesh
District Magistrate Vaibhav Agarwal said the woman is being treated at the district hospital and utmost vigil is being maintained after the detection of the first case in the district.
Pilibhit: A 45-year-old woman who had returned from Saudi Arabia on March 20 has been tested positive for coronavirus in this district of Uttar Pradesh, officials said.
The woman, a resident of Har Raipur village, had gone to the Arab nation in a group of 37 people for performing ''Umrah'' (pilgrimage), a senior government official said. She was admitted to the isolation ward of the district hospital after she showed signs of the virus. Her sample was sent to the King George’s Medical University (KGMU) in Lucknow and the reports arrived on Sunday night.
Chief Medical Officer Seema Agarwal confirmed that the woman has been tested positive. District Magistrate Vaibhav Agarwal said the woman is being treated at the district hospital and utmost vigil is being maintained after the detection of the first case in the district.
Other members of the group are being quarantined, he said. The state government has declared a lockout in the district till March 25 and officials are making all-out efforts to ensure its strict implementation.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Russians in Isolation are Recreating Iconic Paintings with Hilarious Twists
- Have You Bought a Coronavirus Insurance For Your Family? You Can Buy These Policies Online
- 'Bhai Ne Biotechnology Padha Hai': Kartik Aaryan Dreams of Getting Coronavirus Vaccine
- Is Hydroxychloroquine The Treatment For Coronavirus? Global Scramble For Tablets Suggests so
- Hyundai Venue Beats Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to Become Best-Selling Compact SUV in India