Saudi-bound Indian Arrested at Delhi Airport with Over 100 Bottles of Banned Cough Syrup
A personal and baggage search of the traveller resulted in the recovery of 110 bottles of 100 ml each of the banned drug, Customs officials said, without disclosing their market value.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A Riyadh-bound Indian has been arrested at Delhi airport for allegedly carrying over 100 bottles of a banned cough syrup, Customs officials said on Thursday.
The passenger, whose identity was not revealed, was intercepted by the Customs officers at the Terminal-3 of IGI Airport on Wednesday, they said.
A personal and baggage search of the traveller resulted in the recovery of 110 bottles of 100 ml each of the banned drug, the officials said, without disclosing their market value.
The bottles were seized and the passenger was arrested under relevant provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- India vs West Indies | In-form Rohit Sharma Should Open in West Indies: Ganguly
- Cristiano Ronaldo Praises Lionel Messi, Says He 'Made me a Better Player'