Supreme Court Appoints Former Judge DK Jain as First Ombudsman in BCCI
A bench comprising Justices S A Bobde and A M Sapre announced the name of retired Justice D K Jain as the ombudsman in the BCCI.
File image of the Supreme Court and the BCCI Logo. (PTI Images)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Thursday appointed its former judge, Justice D K Jain as the first ombudsman for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
A bench comprising Justices S A Bobde and A M Sapre said: "We are happy that by consent of the parties and the suggestions, the name of retired Justice D K Jain has been agreed to be appointed as the ombudsman in the BCCI.
"We accordingly appoint Justice (retired) D K Jain as first ombudsman in the BCCI
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Race to Launch India’s First 5G Smartphone is Completely Pointless
- Asim Riaz, Suhana Khan to Star in Student of the Year 3? Karan Johar Clarifies
- Karan Patel Becomes Highest Paid Contestant on Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
- This Company is Making N95 Respirator Mouth Masks with 'Facial Recognition' Technology
- 400-Year-Old Painting Considered 'Dupe' Turns Out to be Painted by Rembrandt Himself