Supreme Court Appoints Former Judge DK Jain as First Ombudsman in BCCI
A bench comprising Justices S A Bobde and A M Sapre announced the name of retired Justice D K Jain as the ombudsman in the BCCI.
File image of the Supreme Court and the BCCI Logo. (PTI Images)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Thursday appointed its former judge, Justice D K Jain as the first ombudsman for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
A bench comprising Justices S A Bobde and A M Sapre said: "We are happy that by consent of the parties and the suggestions, the name of retired Justice D K Jain has been agreed to be appointed as the ombudsman in the BCCI.
"We accordingly appoint Justice (retired) D K Jain as first ombudsman in the BCCI
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More