SC Approves Scheme that Grants Minimum Rs 4 Lakh Compensation to Rape Survivors
The Supreme Court ruled that state governments can grant a higher compensation but not less.
A file photo of the Supreme Court. (PTI)
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday approved a scheme that grants a compensation of minimum Rs 4 lakh and maximum Rs 7 lakh to the survivors of rape and sexual assault.
The top court ruled that state governments can grant a higher compensation but not less.
The scheme, to be launched on October 2, will be applicable across India. All trial courts will now apply the scheme when hearing rape cases.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies: It's Not IPL so Pressure to Perform Will be Different For WI Batsmen - Chahal
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Kabir Singh Earns Rs 70.83 Crore, Shahid Kapoor 'Feels So Special' with Fan Response
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s