Supreme Court Directs Cinema Halls to Play National Anthem Before Movie Screening
The Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered all cinema halls across the country to play the National Anthem before the screening of a movie.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered all cinema halls across the country to play the National Anthem before the screening of a movie.
As per PTI, the court has also asked the theatre owners to flash the national flag on the screen while National Anthem is being played.
Reportedly, the court has also stated that everyone present in the cinema halls must rise and pay respect to the National Anthem.
Meanwhile, the Centre has agreed to circulate the order to all the Chief Secretaries of all the states and also to publish the order of the apex court in the electronic and print media.
SC said that the National Anthem should not be dramatised or commercially exploited: Abhinav Srivastav, Legal Counsel for Petitioner pic.twitter.com/o0qj6qvbIN
— ANI (@ANI_news) November 30, 2016
The court has also directed the theatres to not to dramatise the National Anthem and not take any commercial benefits from it.
Further, the court also said that as a matter of respect, the national anthem should not be printed or displayed on undesirable objects.
Hailing the order by the Supreme Court, Indian lawyer Ram Jethmalani said that it is a good decision and there should not be any controversy on it as it is a mark of respect.
The decision was also appreciated by Union Minister of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information & Broadcasting Venkaiah Naidu who claimed it to be a very good decision.
"It will inculcate patriotism among the youth of the nation," Naidu said.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Thanks Tendulkar For Writing His Profile in Time's 100 Most Influential People List
- Huawei P20, P20 Pro: Here is All You Need to Know About The World's First Triple Camera Smartphones
- Nanu Ki Jaanu Movie Review: Abhay Deol-Patralekha Starrer Is A Major Eye-Roll Fest
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante Worth Rs 3.76 Crore Home Delivery in Hyderabad - Watch Video
- Bollywood Actor Jimmy Sheirgill Buys Mercedes-Benz G-Class G 63 AMG SUV Worth Rs 2.18 Crore