'Pay Attention to Your Constituency': On Karti Chidambaram's Petition, SC Hands Out Advice
A vacation bench comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Aniruddha Bose rejected Karti's plea and asked him to 'pay attention to his constituency'.
File photo of Karti Chidambaram.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Wednesday dismissed a plea of Congress MP Karti Chidambaram seeking return of Rs 10 crore which he had deposited with the court's registry for travelling abroad.
Karti Chidambaram is facing criminal cases being probed by CBI and ED. A vacation bench comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Aniruddha Bose rejected Karti's plea and said, "Pay attention to your constituency."
The bench was hearing Karti's plea in which he had sought return of Rs 10 crore deposited earlier by him in the apex court's registry, claiming he had taken the money on loan and was paying interest on it.
Recommended For You
- No, Dave Bautista Never Threatened to Quit Guardians of the Galaxy To Do Suicide Squad
- Sunny Deol Reveals He Didn't Talk to Shah Rukh Khan for 16 Years After Working Together in Darr
- This Couple’s Combined India-Pakistan Jersey at World Cup is Why We Love Cricket
- NASA Just Found Stark Trek's 'Starfleet' Insignia On Surface of Mars
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s