SC Junks Plea Seeking Immediate Execution of Death Row Convicts in Nirbhaya Case
'What kind of prayer you are making? You are making the court a joke,' " a bench of Justices Madan B Lokur and Depeak Gupta said.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday dismissed a petition seeking directions for the immediate execution of the four men convicted in the Nirbhaya gangrape and murder case of 2012.
"What kind of prayer you are making?" a bench of Justices Madan B Lokur and Depeak Gupta said. "You are making the court a joke," it added.
The 23-year-old paramedic student was gang-raped on the intervening night of December 16-17, 2012 inside a running bus in South Delhi by six persons and severely assaulted before being thrown out on the road. She died on December 29, 2012 at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
On July 9, the apex court dismissed the pleas of three convicts -- Mukesh (31), Pawan Gupta (24) and Vinay Sharma (25) - seeking review of the apex court verdict which upheld the judgements of the Delhi High Court and the lower court in the case.
The fourth death row convict, Akshay Kumar Singh (33), has not filed a review plea in the apex court.
Recommended For You
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- Indian Talent Will Help Tide Over The Million Person Tech Expertise Shortfall: techUK’s Simon Spier
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s