SC to Wrap Up Ayodhya Case Hearing by Oct 17, Deadline Given to Both Sides to Complete Arguments
The SC bench, also comprising justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer, had earlier fixed the deadline of October 18 to conclude the hearing.
Illustration by Mir Suhail/News18.com
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday said it would wrap up the hearing in the politically sensitive Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute at Ayodhya by October 17.
A 5-judge Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi, on the conclusion of 37th day of the hearing, fixed the schedule for the final leg of the lengthy arguments. The bench said the Muslim sides to the dispute would complete the arguments on October 14 and thereafter, two days would be granted to the Hindu parties to sum up their rejoinders by October 16, and October 17 would be the last day for wrapping up the hearing.
The bench, also comprising justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer, had earlier fixed the deadline of October 18 to conclude the hearing. The judgement in the matter is to be pronounced by November 17 as the CJI will retire on that date.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- Priyanka Chopra Will Never Make Music with Nick Jonas
- This is The End: What is up With Fortnite And Why Are You Staring at a Blank Screen
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury