School Teacher Held for Molesting Students in Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu
Jhunjhunu Deputy Superintendent of Police Gyan Singh said the accused teacher, Ravindra Singh Shekhawat, had been molesting the schools students for the past six months.
Jaipur: A Sainik School teacher in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan has been arrested for allegedly molesting a dozen students of the school over the past six months, police said on Wednesday.
Jhunjhunu Deputy Superintendent of Police Gyan Singh said the accused teacher, Ravindra Singh Shekhawat, had been molesting the schools students for the past six months. The students fearing consequences were silent. Two students, however, approached the Principal, who then lodged a police complaint in Sadar Thana Jhunjhunu and got the accused arrested."
The police said the accused used to open the school complaint box to take out complaints against him.
The accused has been taken on a two-day remand, police said.
Nagaur MP Hanuman Beniwal on Wednesday raised the issue during zero hour in the Lok Sabha, demanding a narco test of the accused.
"At a time when girls too have been allowed to enrol in Sainik schools from the forthcoming academic season, such cases come as a shock. If boys are not safe in Sainik school, how will the authorities ensure girls' safety and security?" he asked.
Meanwhile, Jhunjhnu Nagrik Manch convenor Uma Shankar Mahmiya said, "This case needs an unbiased investigation and the accused should be given harshest punishment."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WATCH | Zion Williamson Scores 17 Points in a Bit Over 3 Minutes on Much-awaited NBA Debut
- Fan Asks Shah Rukh Khan the Rent of a Room in Mannat, Superstar Quotes This Price
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Now Rolling Out: Here is How to Make it Work For You
- 'What's Your Take on CAA?' Fans Wanted Shah Rukh Khan to Break His Silence on #AskSRK
- FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Will Inspire Young Girls to Take up Football: Tournament Director Roma Khanna