Scolded for Coming Home Late, Haryana Girl Kills Herself by Drinking Pesticide
The girl had left her residence in Kharkhoda town on Monday in the absence of her father, who is a factory worker, her mother and her two brothers.
Image for representation only.
Chandigarh: A 17-year-old girl committed suicide by drinking pesticide in Haryana's Sonipat district after she was allegedly scolded by her mother for reaching home late, police said on Tuesday.
The girl left her residence in Kharkhoda town on Monday in the absence of her father, who is a factory worker, her mother and her two brothers, SHO of Kharkhoda police station Inspector Rajiv said. "She returned home late on Monday. She was questioned and scolded by her mother after she returned. The girl later drank some pesticide and died late in the night," the SHO said quoting the statement given to the police by the teen's family.
Suspecting foul play, a local called up Jarot police chowki on Tuesday morning, Rajiv said. "A police team reached the cremation ground. The last rites were about to start. We made inquiries and found during preliminary investigation that the girl drank pesticide and died as a result of that," he said.
"However, we have sent the viscera for examination to Forensic Science Laboratory at Madhuban and if the cause of death turns out to be something else, then we will proceed further in the case as per law," he said.
Recommended For You
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Sunny Leone Flaunts Her Bihari Dialect in 'Method Acting' Video, Watch Here
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s