Scooter-borne Couple Mowed Down by Unknown Vehicle in New Delhi's Kalkaji
The incident took place on Sunday at around 5.30 am on Nehru Place Flyover. They had some serious head injuries and their damaged scooter was also recovered from the spot.
New Delhi: A scooter-borne couple was killed after being hit by an unknown vehicle while they were returning from a temple in southeast Delhi's Kalkaji area on Diwali, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on Sunday at around 5.30 am on Nehru Place Flyover, a senior police officer said.
The victims, who were identified as Tarun Kumar Bhardwaj (27) and Riya Sharma (20), residents of Chirag Delhi Village, were rushed to AIIMS hospital where they were declared brought dead, the officer said.
They had some serious head injuries and their damaged scooter was also recovered from the spot.
The bodies were handed over to their relatives after the post mortem, police said.
A case under sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) and 304A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code IPC has been registered at Kalkaji police station, they said, adding search for the offending vehicle is on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mumbai's 'First Home System' Auto Rickshaw with Washbasin, Desktop Impresses Netizens
- TV Actress Gehana Vasisth Extremely Critical, Hospitalised After Long Shift Without Proper Nutrition
- PUBG Mobile 0.16.0 Beta Update: Death Race Mode, TPP to FPP Switch, and More
- Shah Rukh Khan's Congratulatory Tweet on Acid Attack Survivor's Wedding Wins the Internet
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1