Security Beefed Up in Mizoram after NRC Publication in Neighbouring Assam
Police personnel have been deployed along the Assam border to prevent any untoward incident due to the publication of the NRC final list.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Aizawl: Security was beefed up in Mizoram and police stations and border outposts along the 123 km Mizoram-Assam border were alerted on Saturday in view of the publication of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in neighbouring Assam, Mizoram Inspector General of Police (Headquarters) John Neihlaia said.
Police personnel have been deployed along the Assam border to prevent any untoward incident due to the publication of the NRC final list and also to prevent possible influx of those left out of it into Mizoram, Neihlaia told PTI.
"The border areas were peaceful with no report of any incidents till this evening. Arrangements are also in place to rush additional forces to face any eventuality arising out of publication of the final NRC in Assam," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction