Security Forces Arrest Maoist, Seize Explosives in Jharkhand's Palamau District
Five IEDs, three grenades, three bundles of cotex wire, two bundles of electric wire were recovered from the arrested.
Representative Image (Courtesy: Getty Images)
Medininagar/Latehar (Jharkhand): Security forces arrested a Maoist in Palamau district and seized explosives in Latehar district in separate anti-naxal operations in Jharkhand, police said.
Palamau, Superintendent of Police, Inderjit Mahata Thursday said the arrested was identified as Sudeshwar Bhuyan from a place under the jurisdiction of Manatu police station area.
The SP said Bhuyan has been absconding for the last 15 years.
Latehar, Superintendent of Police, Prashant Anand on Thursday said that during an anti-naxal operation the security forces recovered a cache of explosives from Ranidah forest under Chipadohar police station in Latehar district.
Five IEDs, three grenades, three bundles of cotex wire, two bundles of electric wire were recovered during the operation.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- I Went to the Future, in a Hotel Where My Butler to Bartender - Were Robots
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal