Security Forces Gun Down Four Naxals in Chhattisgarh Encounter
Security forces killed four naxals, including a woman, in an encounter on Sunday in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district.
Raipur: Four naxals, including a woman, were killed Sunday in an encounter with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district, around 350 kilometers from here, police said.
The gunfight took place at around 2:30 pm in the Gumiyabeda village forest when a team of the District Reserve Guard (DRG) was out on an anti-Maoist operation, Narayanpur Superintendent of Police Jitendra Shukla told PTI.
The ultras fled the spot and entered the dense forest after a brief exchange of fire, he said.
The bodies of four naxals and weapons were found at the spot, the SP said.
The combing operation is underway in the area, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- After Babita and Vivek, Urvashi Dholakia and Her Ex Anuj Sachdeva to Get Evicted from Nach Baliye
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket