One JeM Militant Killed in Encounter with Security Forces in J&K's Anantnag
Police sources said that the militants fired at the security forces during a cordon and search operation in Nowgam village of Verinag area.
Representative image. (Photo PTI)
Srinagar: A Jaish-e-Mohammad militant was Saturday killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, a police official said.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Verinag area of the south Kashmir district following specific information about the presence of militants there, the official said.
He said the search operation turned into an encounter after the militants fired on the security forces, who retaliated.
In the exchange of fire, one JeM militant was killed, the official said, adding his identity was being ascertained.
Incriminating material including arms and ammunition was recovered from the site of the gun-battle, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge