One JeM Militant Killed in Encounter with Security Forces in J&K's Anantnag
Police sources said that the militants fired at the security forces during a cordon and search operation in Nowgam village of Verinag area.
Representative image. (Photo PTI)
Srinagar: A Jaish-e-Mohammad militant was Saturday killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, a police official said.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Verinag area of the south Kashmir district following specific information about the presence of militants there, the official said.
He said the search operation turned into an encounter after the militants fired on the security forces, who retaliated.
In the exchange of fire, one JeM militant was killed, the official said, adding his identity was being ascertained.
Incriminating material including arms and ammunition was recovered from the site of the gun-battle, he said.
Recommended For You
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Now Pay a Fine of Rs 10,000 for not Letting Ambulance Pass, Drink & Drive as Per Updated Motor Bill
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s