Security Forces on High Alert along LoC in J&K Due to Cross-border Terror Threat
J&K government Principal Secretary, Rohit Kansal, on Saturday said day-time restrictions have been lifted from 69 police station areas in the Valley.
Kashmiri child looks from behind a fence in Srinagar. REUTERS/Danish Ismail
Srinagar: Security forces are in a state of high alert along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir as the threat of cross-border terrorism "continues to exist", officials said on Saturday.
"The threat of cross-border terrorism continues to exist. The security forces are maintaining a state of high alert," Principal Secretary, J-K government, Rohit Kansal, who is also the state government's spokesman, said. Kasnsal was briefing the reporters about the situation in the state.
He said the day-time restrictions have been lifted from 69 police station areas in the Valley. "The day time restrictions have been lifted from 69 police stations across the length and breadth of the valley, while 81 police stations in Jammu region are without any day-time restrictions," Kansal said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kiara Advani to Feature in Kartik Aaryan's Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Report
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Images of Mars' Icy Dunes Might Make You Crave for Some Ice-Cream
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022