Security Put on High Alert Along LoC, IB in J&K Over Cross-border Terror Threat
Meanwhile, the government spokesperson day-time curfew has been lifted from 69 police stations in Kashmir valley.
Representative Image (Reuters)
Srinagar Security forces are in a state of high alert along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir as the threat of cross-border terrorism "continues to exist", officials said on Saturday.
"The threat of cross-border terrorism continues to exist. The security forces are maintaining a state of high alert," Principal Secretary, J-K government, Rohit Kansal, who is also the state government's spokesman, said.
Kasnsal was briefing the reporters about the situation in the state.
He said the day-time restrictions have been lifted from 69 police station areas in the Valley.
"The day time restrictions have been lifted from 69 police stations across the length and breadth of the valley, while 81 police stations in Jammu region are without any day-time restrictions," Kansal said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Viral Video Shows Reporter Saying She Tried to Contact the 'Dead' for Comment
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate