Security Scare at Parliament as Cong MP's Car Rams Into Spikes at Gate Used by Terrorists in 2001 Attack
The car reportedly tried to enter from the same gate from where terrorists had launched a ghastly attack on Parliament in 2001.
New Delhi: In a major security scare at the Parliament complex, a car rammed the barricade after attempting to enter from the wrong gate on Tuesday.
The car reportedly tried to enter from the same gate from where terrorists had launched a ghastly attack on Parliament in 2001. Sources said the car stopped just short of the spikes, which got activated and broke the bumper of the car.
According to news agency ANI, the car belongs to Congress MP from Manipur Dr Thokchom Meinya. He was not in the car at the time of the incident.
As soon as the car hit the spikes, security personnel took positions as per the standard operating procedure put in place following the 2001 Parliament attack.
A similar incident involving a taxi had set alarm bells ringing in December last year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami