Self-styled 'Peer' Rapes, Impregnates Minor in Jammu and Kashmir
The accused, Peer Qasim (50), had been frequently changing his locations to evade arrest. He was finally arrested on Friday from Banihal area.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail
Jammu: A self-styled 'peer' (preacher) has been arrested for raping a minor girl multiple times in Jammu and Kashmir's Ramban district, the police said on Saturday.
The incident came to light when the 13-year-old girl's family noticed that she was pregnant.
The family members immediately filed a complaint against the accused, a police statement said here.
The accused, Peer Qasim (50), had been frequently changing his locations to evade arrest. He was finally arrested on Friday from Banihal area, the police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried