Selfie Craze Pushes Khandwa Youth to Brink of Death
A youth in Madhya Pradesh was electrocuted while clicking selfies atop an electric locomotive.
File photo of a man taking selfie. (Reuters)
Khandwa: A youth in Madhya Pradesh was electrocuted while clicking selfies atop an electric locomotive.
The youth identified as Shivam Upadhyay has been hospitalised with severe injuries.
The incident happened on Thursday when Shivam and two of his friends were returning from a Republic Day function.
While passing through a railway yard they saw a railway engine parked with no official around. Sensing a wonderful selfie opportunity they starting clicking selfies.
In his bid to be adventurous, Shivam climbed atop the locomotive to take pictures when he sustained electric shocks.
Police who reached the spot afterwards sent the injured to hospital and took the remaining two to the police station.
During police questioning, the two terrified youths narrated their selfie misadventure.
Shivam is recovering in a local hospital with severe burn injuries, the police said.
A rage of sorts among the youth, several people have been killed across the globe while clicking selfies dangerously.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Shraddha Kapoor Left in Tears After Hearing Her Brother Siddhant Sing
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro