195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Sena to Stage Protest Against Non-Payment of Farmers' Insurance
Uddhav Thackeray said they will talk to the insurance companies in the language of the Shiv Sena if the warning doesn't work.
Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray with Yuva Sena President Aditya Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray Thursday said his party will take out a protest march on July 17 against insurance companies to seek expeditious clearance of the premium claims of farmers.
The protest march, to be held at the Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) where offices of several insurance companies are located, offices, will be a warning to these firms to pay the claims of cultivators at the earliest, he said.
"We also demand an independent Agriculture Commission with powers to deal with agriculture-related issues. The commission should be empowered to rectify loopholes in various schemes meant for the agriculture sector, since governments come and go but the official machinery remains the same," he said.
"If the warning doesn't work, we will talk to the insurance companies in the language of the Shiv Sena," the party chief said.
He also demanded that banks publish names of the farmers who loans were waived under the government's scheme for the same.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back