Separatist Hurriyat Leader Mirwaiz Placed under House Arrest in Srinagar
A spokesman of the Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat said a police party arrived at the residence of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on the city outskirts and informed him that he cannot move out of his house.
File photo of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
Srinagar: Separatist Hurriyat Conference leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was placed under house arrest on Saturday in Srinagar.
A spokesman of the Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat said a police party arrived at the Nigeen residence of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on the city outskirts and informed him that he cannot move out of his house.
The spokesman said the police did not give any reasons for placing the Mirwaiz under house arrest.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Need to be More Patient in the Middle: Rahul
- Neha Dhupia, Angad Bedi Are Slaying it By the Beach in Maldives
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones