Services on Delhi Metro's Magenta Line Affected Due to Technical Issues
The 34.2-km Magenta Line of the Delhi metro connects Botanical Garden and Janakpuri West stations.
File Photo of Delhi Metro.
New Delhi: Metro services on the entire Magenta Line were affected on Tuesday due to a technical snag on the section between Shankar Vihar and Terminal 1 IGI Airport, officials said.
The 34.2-km Magenta Line connects Botanical Garden and Janakpuri West stations.
"Due to some technical issues, services between Shankar Vihar and Terminal 1 IGI Airport have been affected and train are being run at restricted speed in this stretch," a senior DMRC official said.
Due to this, there was bunching of trains, affecting services in rest of the corridor too, he said.
A restricted speed is about 30 kmph, and trains' regular plying speed is about 40 kmph, the official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Opens About Why She Did Not Live with Ranveer Singh Before Marriage
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India