Seven Killed, 30 Injured as Bus Falls Into Canal in Andhra Pradesh
At least seven passengers were killed and over 30 injured when a Visakhapatnam-bound bus fell into a canal in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Tuesday.
Vijayawada: At least seven passengers were killed and over 30 injured when a Visakhapatnam-bound bus fell into a canal in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours on Tuesday.
Police said the toll might go up as the front portion of the bus was badly mangled and many were trapped inside.
The driver of the bus was said to be in a drowsy condition and thus lost control.
Deputy Chief Minister (Home) N China Rajappa has directed the Krishna district police to carry out rescue operations on a war-footing.
The injured passengers were rushed to hospitals in Vijayawada for treatment.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal Wedding: Bollywood Stars Arrive in Style, See Pics
- Playing Top Asian Sides Key for India, Says Captain Sunil Chhetri
- EXCLUSIVE | Haven’t Closed Communication Channels with Mithali: Powar
- Rajinikanth’s 2.0 is Blockbuster in Hindi too, Kedarnath Rock Solid at Box Office
- First Look: The OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Has More RAM Than Your PC, But is That All?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s