Seven Killed, One Injured as Car Crashes into Tree on Mumbai-Bangalore Highway in Maharashtra
The deceased hailed from Dharwad in Karnataka and were headed towards an airport either in Pune or Mumbai.
Pune: Seven people were killed and another one was injured on Wednesday when the SUV they were travelling in crashed into a roadside tree near Satara on Mumbai-Bangalore highway in Maharashtra, police said.
As per preliminary information, the deceased hailed from Dharwad in Karnataka who were headed towards an airport either in Pune or Mumbai.
"The accident occurred close to Kashil village near Satara at around 12.45 am on Wednesday. All the seven deceased seemed to be from a single-family. However, we are trying to establish their identities," said an official from Borgaon police station in Satara district, around 115 km from Pune.
Prima facie, the accident occurred as the driver of the SUV lost his control over the vehicle which veered off the road and crashed into a roadside tree, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Trolled for Issuing Appeal in Support of Punjab Flood Victims Only
- BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu Beats Chen Yu Fei to Storm into Third Successive Final
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- Woman Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral Records Song
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra