Seven of Family Killed as Van Gets Crushed Between Two Trucks on Agra-Jhansi Road
The incident took place late on Friday night when the van stopped behind a truck at the toll plaza and was hit by a lorry from behind.
Image for representation. (AFP Relaxnews)
Gwalior: Seven members of a family, including two girls, were killed and two others injured when their van was crushed between two trucks at a toll-plaza on Agra-Jhansi Road near Gwalior, a police official said on Saturday.
The incident took place late last night, Gwalior city’s superintendent of police, R N Pachouri said.
"The van had stopped behind a truck at the toll plaza when a lorry hit it from behind. Due to the impact, the van got crushed between the two heavy vehicles. Seven of the nine passengers in the van were killed," he said.
Two others suffered serious injuries in the incident and were rushed to a hospital. "The victims were on their way to Dabra town from Mehndipur Balaji temple," Pachouri added.
The deceased were identified as Manglia Jatav (40), his wife Narayani (32), close relative Mahesh (38), his wife Rajkumari (32), Sapna (25), Shilpi (14) and Anjali (7), police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year