Seven-year-old Maharashtra Boy Dies After Firecracker Explodes in His Mouth
The boy, Yash Sanjay Gavate, was bursting crackers with his friends ahead of Diwali, police said.
Representative Image: Reuters
Mumbai: A seven-year-old child died after a firecracker exploded in his mouth in Maharashtra's Buldhana district, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place at Pimpalgaon village under the Raipur Police Station limits on Tuesday evening, an official said.
The boy, Yash Sanjay Gavate, was bursting crackers with his friends ahead of Diwali, he said.
He picked up a `Sutli Bomb', which had not exploded, thinking it had not been lit. As he playfully bit it, the cracker went off causing serious injuries to the boy, the police official said.
Yash was declared dead on arrival at the nearby government hospital, the official added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy
- I Won't be Surprised If Someday Somebody Pressures Me to Make 'Pro-Hindu' Content, Says Kabir Khan
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials