Several Booked in UP's Muzaffarnagar for Organising Bullock Cart Race
The FIR has been lodged under IPC Sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 279 (rash driving on public way).
FIle photo of a state level bullock cart race/PTI Photo
Muzaffarnagar: An FIR has been lodged against several persons for organising and participating in a bullock cart race in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district.
The race was held on Sunday.
The FIR at the Bhopa police station named 11 persons and included several unnamed persons also. The FIR has been lodged under IPC Sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 279 (rash driving on public way).
The district administration had imposed a ban on the bullock cart race.
Muzaffarnagar Senior superintendent of police (SSP) , Abhishek Yadav, said that strict action would be taken against those who had violated the ban orders.
According to reports, the matter came to light when someone uploaded the video on the social media.
In the video, hundreds of bikers doing stunts can also be seen as bullock carts compete with each other on the road.
Traditionally, bullock cart race is a popular sport among locals in the district, but the local administration had banned it, citing threat to life and cruelty to animals as the reason.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Gonna Tell My Kids' is the Newest Meme in Town and Desi Twitter Has Given a Hilarious Twist to it
- Kamya Panjabi to Get Married in Feb 2020, Announces Date with Picture of ‘Favourite Man’
- Everyone is Keen to Play in Srinagar: I-League CEO Confident Real Kashmir Games Will be Safe
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Bollywood Actor John Abraham Gives a Sneak-Peak of his Motorcycle Loaded Garage