Several Trains Cancelled, Diverted Due to Ongoing Gujjar Agitation on Railway Tracks in Rajasthan
The blockade by the Gujjar community turned violent on Sunday as protesters pelted stones and the police and vandalised their vehicles.
Jaipur: As many as eighteen trains of the Northern Railways plying on February 10 have been cancelled and thirteen diverted due to the sit-in staged by Gujjar community members on rail tracks in Rajasthan's Swai Madhopur district. The community is agitating to press for their quota demand.
Ten trains plying on February 11, 12 trains plying on February 12 and 15 trains plying on February 13 remain cancelled. Besides, 13 trains commencing on February 10, 5 trains commencing on February 11 have been diverted.
The blockade by the Gujjar community turned violent on Sunday as protesters pelted stones and the police and vandalised their vehicles. The agitation began on Friday evening which forced the West Central Railway (CWR) to divert, cancel or partially terminate nearly 200 trains in the last two days.
The number of trains affected by the agitation is enlisted below:
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes